In today’s marketplace there are variety of housing and care types from which to choose from including independent living, assisted living, memory care and skilled nursing care. We can help assess you or your loved one for the most appropriate environment based on your needs. While there are many different types of senior living options available, here is a very brief description of the most common. At Senior Living Advisors, we specialize in making a hard decision easier as we explore with you your options, needs, and desires.
It is important when choosing a senior living facility, that you consider EVERY factor. Situationally is the most proactive way to develop a plan for your loved one. The facility that cares for them should be able to do just that. Care. Below are various types of living options to consider.
- Independent Living Communities offer private dwellings for active older adults. Dining facilities, housekeeping services, transportation, and 24-hour staffing may be offered on site, as well as medical, dietary and other assistance when needed. It’s a great lifestyle and typically costs less than assisted living.
- Continuing Care Retirement Communities (CCRC)offer many levels of options under “one roof” providing a continuum of care. It is different from other housing and care options for seniors because it usually provides a written agreement or long-term contract between the resident and the community, for housing, and services. It also includes Independent Living, Assisted Living, and Skilled Nursing care all on one campus. It’s a great option for some of our clients!
- Assisted Living Residences provide a combination of housing, personalized support services and health care designed to meet the individual needs of seniors who require help with daily activities. Many people mistakenly call Assisted Living Residences “nursing homes” which is very different. Not everyone needs skilled nursing care and this is where the Assisted Living option is a better solution.
- Nursing homes or Skilled Nursing Facilities provide 24-hour skilled nursing care for residents who require a high degree of assistance and medical care. They provide care for chronic conditions, short-term convalescent or rehabilitative care.
- Memory Care Communities have specially trained staff, licensed nurses, secure facilities, and cognitive and physical therapies for person-centered care designed for residents with Alzheimer’s and other related dementia illnesses. Not all dementia residents need a Memory Care community. We can help you determine this.
How we help:
By meeting with you and discovering various variables as well as your loved ones needs, we develop a custom plan that fits perfectly. Setting up guided tours, negotiating price, and coordination of documentation/admissions are just a few of the things we will persist in accommodating you. To be a reliable and flexible advisor is our mission.
We are happy to help you learn more about the many different senior living options available in the Longwood, FL area and to assist you in finding the best solutions for you or loved one.
Call Senior Living Advisors at 407-718-7795. Our services are always FREE.